IWA International Workshop on Rainwater for Drinking
Supported by IWA Rainwater Harvesting and Management Specialist Group and the International Rain Water Harvesting Alliance, together with Seoul National University, IWA is organizing a workshop on Rainwater For Drinking (RFD), mainly showcasing success stories in the use of Rainwater for drinking for Asia and Pacific Islands.
*To register for the Workshop (Free registration)*: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qo280AcBP3pi12Wc3jj4FS7Z7GgRX4r8uYeGTFLDPS4/edit
To attend the Workshop, use the below URL:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOuXGqFRldFTymzsQdiB4Mw
Date: 3rd September 2021 Time: 14:00 – 16:00 Seoul Time , 10:30 – 12:30 Colombo Time
- Hong Li (IWA Asia and Oceania Regional Director) – Towards a Water Wise World – Short Introduction of IWA*.*
- Han Heijnen (President, International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance) – “Rainwater, safe and ‘cool’ to drink”
- VietAnh Nguyen (Professor, Hanoi University of Civil Engineering) – “RFD: A resilient solution to improve water situation for the vulnerable communities”
- Tanuja Ariyananda (Lanka Rainwater Harvesting Forum) – “Rainwater as Safe Drinking Water Source for Chronic Kidney Disease Affected Areas in Sri Lanka”
- Ramdeep Sah (Chairman, Smart WASH Solutions) – “Use of Rainwater in Rural and Urban Nepal”.
- Kongkea Phan (Professor, International University (IU), Cambodia) – “Application of gravity-driven membrane-filtration fed by rainwater for safe drinking water at schools in rural”.
- Minah Shin (Summit 237, NGO based in New Zealand) – “Experience with RFD in the Pacific Island Nations by Summit 237”
- Mooyoung Han (Professor, Seoul National University) – “Convincing RFD system by systematic monitoring”