Supported by IWA Rainwater Harvesting and Management Specialist Group and the International Rain Water Harvesting Alliance, together with Seoul National University, IWA is organizing a workshop on Rainwater For Drinking (RFD), mainly showcasing success stories in the use of Rainwater for drinking for Asia and Pacific Islands.
*To register for the Workshop (Free registration)*: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qo280AcBP3pi12Wc3jj4FS7Z7GgRX4r8uYeGTFLDPS4/edit
To attend the Workshop, use the below URL:* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOuXGqFRldFTymzsQdiB4Mw
Date: 3rd September 2021 Time: 14:00 – 16:00 Seoul Time , 10:30 – 12:30 Colombo Time
- Hong Li (IWA Asia and Oceania Regional Director) – Towards a Water Wise World – Short Introduction of IWA*.*
- Han Heijnen (President, International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance) – “Rainwater, safe and ‘cool’ to drink”
- VietAnh Nguyen (Professor, Hanoi University of Civil Engineering) – “RFD: A resilient solution to improve water situation for the vulnerable communities”
- Tanuja Ariyananda (Lanka Rainwater Harvesting Forum) – “Rainwater as Safe Drinking Water Source for Chronic Kidney Disease Affected Areas in Sri Lanka”
- Ramdeep Sah (Chairman, Smart WASH Solutions) – “Use of Rainwater in Rural and Urban Nepal”.
- Kongkea Phan (Professor, International University (IU), Cambodia) – “Application of gravity-driven membrane-filtration fed by rainwater for safe drinking water at schools in rural”.
- Minah Shin (Summit 237, NGO based in New Zealand) – “Experience with RFD in the Pacific Island Nations by Summit 237”
- Mooyoung Han (Professor, Seoul National University) – “Convincing RFD system by systematic monitoring”