Rain Water Harvesting Systems for selected schools in Changani in Jaffna District
|Project Areas||Changani DS in Jaffna District|
|Duration||26th May 2017 to 30th October 2017|
|Funded by||World Vision Lanka (Guarantee) Limited|
|Project Cost||World Vision Lanka = LKR 3,379,200|
LRWHF = LKR 306,000
Beneficiary Contribution = LKR 185,000
Total Project Cost = LKR 3,870,200
|Overall Objective||This project proposes to establish 5 RWHS in Schools in Changani DS area in Jaffna District through raising awareness, demonstration and training.|
|Specific Objective||1. Manual on RWH for Jaffna District.|
2. Establishment of 30,000 Litre RWH Systems in Schools.
3. Training on Operations and Maintainance of RWHS
Activity 1: Manual on RWH for Jaffna District
- Translation of “RWH manual for Jaffna” to Tamil language and 200 copies printed.
Activity 2: Establishment of 30,000 Litre RWHS in school
- The following schools were visited and assessed in the Changani DSD:
- J/Chulipuram North Aarumugam Vidyalayam
- J/Chulipuram East A.M.T.M School
- J/Vattu Karththikeya Vidyalayam
- J/Kaddupulam G.T.M.S
- J/Moolai A.M.T.M.School
Activity 3: Training on Operations and Maintenance of RWHS
- Five training programmes on Operation and Maintenance of rain water harvesting system for students and teachers were conducted at the 5 schools with a total of 151 individuals in attendance.