Installing 200 Rain Water Harvesting Systems in Jaffna and Kilinochchi Districts
|Project Areas||Kilinochchi and Jaffna Districts|
|Duration||1st October 2016 to 27th May 2017|
|Funded by||Office of National Unity and Reconciliation (ONUR)|
|Project Cost||LKR 14,651,000|
|Project Objective||Provide clean drinking water source to 200 householdes in Kilinochchi and Jaffna District.|
|Project Activities||Make community aware of RWHConstruct RWHS in 200 householdsTraining on operations and maintenance of RWHS to the households|
- Conducted awareness programs to beneficiaries at:
- Gannimadam GN held on 20th October 2016 (2 male and 3 female beneficiaries)
- Karukkaithevu, Cheddijakurichi GN held on 20th October 2016 (2 male and 13 female beneficiaries)
- Valaippadu, Ponnaveli GN held on 25th October 2016 (5 male and 15 female beneficiaries)
- Serukkan, Karachchi DS Division on 24th March 2017 (8 female beneficiaries)
- Salamban, Karachchi DS Division on 24th March 2017 (3 male and 5 female beneficiaries)
- Construction of RWHS
- Construction of RWH systems at Cheddiyakurichchi (8), Karukkaithevu (7) and Ganimadam (5) Poonakary DSD.
- Construction of 20 RWH systems at Valaippadu Village, Ponnaveli GN, Poonakary DSD.
- Construction of 20 RWH systems at GN Divisions: Uduvil south, Uduvil & Inuwil west villages in Uduvil DSD (List)
- Construction of 20 RWH systems at KN/32, KN/07 GN Divisions, Serukkan, Ponnagar villages in Karachchi DSD.
- Operation and maintenance programs completed for:
- Cheddiyakurichchi village on 23rd December 2016
- Karukkaideevu village on 23rd December 2016
- Gnanimadam village on 25th December 2016
- Valaippadu Village on 28th March 2017
- Operation and maintenance program was held for each beneficiary household in Uduvil south, Uduvil & Inuwil west villages in Uduvil DSD on 24th May 2017 (20 households).
- Operation and maintenance program was held for 20 beneficiaries as group on 12th July 2017 at Ponnagar North, Serukkan villages in Karachchi DSD*.*The O&M Program was conducted at 02 Separate places at Serukkan village.
Constraints: 5 Beneficiaries at Serukkan GN & 3 Beneficiaries at Ponnagar GN refused to provide unskilled labour support. Therefore new beneficiaries who had valance boards installed and who was willing to have a RWHS were selected.