Rainwater Harvesting Systems for households in Changani Division in Jaffna District
Selection of Beneficiaries and awareness
The selection of beneficiaries in Changani DSD was successfully completed. We received 30 applications from the 03 villages in total.
- In Chulipuram east GN received 04 applications and selected 03 Households for RWHS Construction.
- In Ponnalai west GN received 07 applications and selected 04 Households for RWHS Construction.
- In Araly west GN received 19 applications and selected 08 households for RWHS Construction.
Conducted awareness programs to beneficiaries.
- Awareness program was held at Chulipuram east GN on 18th May 2018.
Female-03, Male -01, Total participants-04
- Awareness program was held at Ponnalai west GN on 18th May 2018.
Female-01, Male -05, Total participants-06
- Awareness program was held at Araly west GN on 22th May 2018. Female-14, Male -10, Total participants-24
Construction of 15 RWHS in selected households
- Rain water harvesting system consisting of 8,000 liter Ferro cement tank, gutters, first flush system, filter and tap construction completed at;
- Chulipuram East (03 RWHS) Construction work was started on 18/06/2018 & completed on 23/06/2018.
- Ponnalai West (04 RWHS) Construction work was started on 20/06/2018 & completed on 25/06/2018.
- Araly West (08 RWHS)Construction work was started on 23/06/2018 & completed on 10/07/2018.
Operation and maintenance training to households
- Conducted O&M Programs to household beneficiaries.
- O&M program was held at Chulipuram east GN on 23rd July 2018. Total 03 males participated.
- O&M program was held at Ponnalai West GN on 23rd July 2018. Total 4 females participated.
- Awareness program was held at Araly West GN on 23rd July 2018. 06 Female, 02 male and total 8 participated.
Research and development
Modified first flush system with floating ball to prevent contamination of first flush water into the tank was installed. At each household system.